Now it’s a real healthy wholesome cake. I am sure you are gonna love this one. This is an easy, simple and quick basic homemade recipe to get the perfectly soft, moist and puffy whole wheat banana cake.
These days, I really feel like not working and sleeping whole the time. Not to mention, I am so busy that I don’t get time to do my favorite job even which is cooking. I know it has been quite a time since I posted my last recipe to you. Extremely sorry guys! I need to be better in time management in future.
Let us get back to our cake story. So as it is made with whole wheat and banana, you can eat it without worrying about your health. You can use your favorite frosting with it. I eat it as tea snacks so I keep it frosting free. But you can use peanut butter frosting with it. It will taste awesome. Even you can use chocolate ganache frosting with it. You will love the smell of this cake. Use plenty of nuts and raisins in it. I have used almond here instead of cashews. You will love the fruity sweetness of this cake. The main thing is when you will make this cake, you will feel peace but not guilty that you are making a mistake. This will be a happy and healthy delight for you.
- 100 gm butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (1 cup=250gm)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 and a half tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chopped nuts and raisins
- Mix sugar and butter very well and then add eggs to it and mix till you get a smooth texture.
- Now smash the bananas properly and add flour, and the above egg-butter mixture.
- Add salt and mix the mixture very well to get an even texture. Add chopped nuts, raisins to it.
- Take a normal round cake pan or a loaf pan. Grease it with extra butter.
- Powder the pan surface with extra flour so that cake comes out easily. Now pour the mixture.
- Pre-heat your oven at 180-degree temperature. Bake your banana cake for 35-40 minutes.
- Check by putting a toothpick in the middle. If it gets sticky then bake another 5-10 minutes.
- Now switch off the oven, Let it stay in the oven for another 5 minutes,
- Take it out and let it get completely cool. Now cut it in equal pieces and serve.