Summer time and Mango time are just similar to me. And luckily now we are having so much raining in West Bengal, India. Due to storms too many raw mangoes are available in the market at a very cheap rate. To beat the heat, I am having Mango Daal, Raw Mango Chutney, Aam Pora Sarbat almost every day. They are simply delicious and to die for.
Today I am going to share my mom’s sweet raw mango chutney recipe with you guys. It’s totally mouthwatering. Have it after your lunch and dinner as a dessert. It’s a very popular dish in Bengal. That Khatti Meethi or sweet and sour taste of it is loved by everyone.
So, what this sweet and raw Mango Chutney is made with? Well, sweet raw Mango chutney is a recipe for an Indian dessert made with soft, cooked mango pulps tempted and cooked with freshly roasted spices and it tastes sweet, spicy and tangy together. It has a very nice aroma too.
Here in Bengal, it’s a tradition and style of eating sweet chutney after any heavy meal. Even you can eat it with rice, roti or bread normally too. It will taste equally good. You can keep it simple or can add it roasted Cumin and chili powder for extra color and spicy taste. I keep it simple mostly, as I love the chutney that way. Add a little vinegar to it as it will help the mango to get softer and it will be mixed well and taste better.
Check out the recipe below.
- 1 raw mango
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder (optional)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 dry red chili
- 2 tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- any white oil to cook
- 1 and ½ cup water to cook
- Chopped raisins (optional)
- wash and peel the mango. Chop it into small pieces.
- Now take a deep pan and heat oil. Add 1 dry red chili and mustard seeds.
- Saute for a minute. Now add mango pieces and turmeric powder. Fry it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add vinegar, salt and sugar to it. Mix it well. Add roasted cumin powder if you want.
- I did not add this as I like it sweet and simple. Saute it for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add water and cover it with a lid. Let the chutney get cooked and thick enough.
- Let it get cool. It will taste better if it will be chilled. You can add raisins too while cooking.
Serve it chilled as it will taste much better than eating it hot.