Sweet carrot coconut balls or laddu is a popular Indian dessert recipe which you will love to eat. This is delicious, rich and holds a beautiful aroma. And it undoubtedly looks very pretty. Moreover, it is really easy to cook. So it takes less effort and gives a better result. Your family and friends will love it. And they will tell you to open a sweet shop for yourself.
Ok, let me tell you frankly how the idea of making this laddu came into my mind. We are going for a holiday after 2 days and there are so many carrots in freeze as I keep them always to eat in a salad. That’s why, my mom was planning to make carrot halwa instead of wasting them. And, I am so bored of eating halwa. So, I told her that I will make laddu with it and brought a packet of desiccated coconut from the market. As you know, it’s winter now in India and laddu stays fresh for longer than halwa. Moreover, it tastes way better than that. If you have your leftover carrot halwa in freeze and you do not like to eat it then add coconut and make laddu from it. So, like me if you think to waste your leftover carrots, stop yourself, read the recipe and cook these wonderful sweet carrot coconut balls.
You can replace sugar, milk and milk powder with 1 ingredient, which is sweet condensed milk and you can buy it ready-made from any grocery shop. But, if you will cook it like me, it will taste awesome too. And use a nice grater to grate the carrot finely like I do. You can add raisins or any other dry fruits or nuts as per your choice. I love it with cashews as I love the roasted aroma of it. Grind 2 cardamoms and make powder of those or simply buy ready-made cardamom powder.
I just have made it today and already 80% of it has been finished as everyone is eating and loving it. If you like to impress your loved ones too with the ability of your sweet hands then go and make it soon. Do not forget to let me know if you will love this recipe. 🙂
You can also check another of my sweet laddu recipe which I have posted earlier. 😀
- 2 cups grated fresh carrot
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tsp clarified butter or ghee
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2-3 tsp milk powder
- ½-1 cup powdered sugar (depending upon taste)
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- Some extra desiccated coconut to coat the laddu
- Take a deep pan and heat 2 tsp ghee or clarified butter in it.
- Fry the cashews in it till they become golden brown. Keep the cashews aside.
- Now add grated carrot in it and cook till it becomes soft and moist and leaves the raw smell.
- Remember to cook this at a lower flame. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Now add milk, sugar, milk powder in it and keep a low-medium flame. Let it gets cooked well.
- Now add the desiccated coconut and keep stirring. Add 1 tsp ghee and fried cashews in it.
- Add cardamom powder. Make it sticky enough so that you can make balls out of it.
- Now take a plate and spread that extra desiccated coconut on it.
- Apply little ghee on your palms. Make small balls of it and roll them over desiccated coconut.