I am going to start this post by convincing you all that this spicy mutton cutlet tastes heavenly! Yes, I mean it.
Yeah, I know some of you will raise your eyebrows thinking about your health that this one is a deep fried dish. But hey! We all take care of our health daily but being over health freak is boring. Sometimes we all should shut down the conscious button and set us free in this awesome foodie heaven.
So, after reading this post think and make this dish in this weekend 🙂 and I am sure you won’t regret!
Well, this is a very common, popular and well-known recipe actually. Mainly it’s of Bengali cuisine but is famous in whole Asia. I have used mutton keema and smashed potato in it as the main ingredients. Any red meat will work fine with it. You can eat it with tomato ketchup or mustard sauce. I prefer to eat it with puffed rice. Yes, I am a typical Bengali. 😀
You know it’s very famous as Indian street food. I am a hardcore lover of street foods, but again I know it’s not right to eat street food daily or very often. So, I prefer them cooking at my home cause it stays hygienic and healthy that way, well more than those fast foods and street foods at least. 🙂
- 7-8 medium sized potatoes
- 1 bowl or 300 gm mutton keema
- 2 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp cumin powder or paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder or paste
- 2 tsp red chili powder or paste
- 2-3 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala paste or powder
- salt according to taste
- oil to cook
- 1 bowl bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp milk
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Boil the potatoes and peel off.Smash the potatoes well and add salt into it.
- Boil the keema with salt.Take a pan and heat oil. Add onion, garlic, green chili into it. Fry little.
- Add keema and saute for a min. Add chili,cumin,ginger,coriander paste.Saute for 10 minutes.
- Now add mashed potato and mix well. Fry the mixture in the low frame from all sides little.
- Now add garam masala and mix it well. The main ingredient for cutlet is ready.
- Now prepare egg shaped balls with the mixture.Beat an egg and mix milk with it.
- Dip the ball shaped things into egg mixture and coat them with bread crumbs.
- Keep the cutlets in a refrigerator for 2 hours so the shapes get a bit hard in structure.
- Now deep fry them properly and serve with your favorite sauce.
If you will like my recipe, leave your comment.Your comment is valuable for me.