Today I am sharing the recipe of easy garlic truffle fries which is very tasty, crunchy and full of flavors. Many do not like the smell of truffle oil. In that case, avoid using the truffle oil in this recipe.
Who does not like fries to eat on rainy days? At least I do 😀 whenever there is rain outside I go to the kitchen and try my hands on some fries’ recipe. French fries are liked by all and are very popular in all countries. It is the very basic concept of truffle fries as well.
So last Sunday there was raining heavily at my place. I was outside then. I thought to buy some ready made fries from outside and to eat those at home in peace while reading horror story books. Haha yes! I read them now even. Especially on rainy days it’s a habit whenever I get time. Since my childhood, I have been hearing that in rainy days ghosts come outside the most so it feels great to read them :p in those days.
So when I went to shop to buy suddenly my inner self came out and told to me that Hey what you are doing?You told that you will not eat junk food from outside! Then I stopped myself and after coming back at home I took potatoes and my garlic truffle fries making journey began. And the result was as good as I imagined. The fries were delicious and could beat any restaurant made fries.
- 2 big potatoes,peeled
- 4-5 garlic cloves,minced
- 2 tsp truffle oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- olive or any other refined oil to cook
- ½ tsp dried rosemary herb (optional)
- 1 tsp Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut the potatoes into ¼ inch thick slices vertically.
- Soak the potatoes in ice cold water for 1 hour. Drain and rinse the potatoes again and again.
- Multiple rinsing will remove the maximum starch from the potatoes.
- Now toss the potatoes with minced garlic.Now fry the potatoes in small batches.
- After frying keep the fries potatoes on paper tissue so that extra oil will be out.
- Spread the fries so that they don't overlap upon each other otherwise fries will be soft.
- Now sprinkle kosher salt,black pepper,rosemary,cheese upon the fries.
- Eat them while hot and crunchy.