Shrimp Fried Poha
Author: Tummy Charger
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 bowl beaten rice
- 1 small bowl fresh shrimps, washed and peeled
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder or paste
- 5-6 green chilies, finely chopped
- 8-10 curry leaves, washed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt according to taste
- ½ tsp sugar (optional)
- ½-1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- oil to cook
- Wash shrimps very well and marinate them with ½ tsp turmeric powder and salt for 5 minutes.
- Wash beaten rice under running water very properly and sock in small cup water.
- Take a deep pan and heat oil. Fry the shrimps and keep them aside. Do not over fry them.
- Heat fresh oil again. When oil is hot keep it in low flame. Add mustard seeds into it.
- After 30 secs add cumin seeds. After another 30 secs add chopped green chilies, curry leaves.
- Saute them for 2 minutes. Now add chopped onion and garlic and fry till they become golden.
- You can keep medium flame now. Add ginger, cumin paste or powder, sugar, half cup water.
- Mix them well and add shrimps. Cook them till spices starts leaving water and aroma.
- Now add soaked beaten rice, salt, turmeric powder and lemon juice.
- Mix them very well and keep stirring and cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Your shrimp fried poha is ready. Serve it hot.
Recipe by Tummy Charger at http://www.tummycharger.com/shrimp-fried-poha/