sweet raw mango chutney
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 raw mango
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder (optional)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 dry red chili
- 2 tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- any white oil to cook
- 1 and ½ cup water to cook
- Chopped raisins (optional)
- wash and peel the mango. Chop it into small pieces.
- Now take a deep pan and heat oil. Add 1 dry red chili and mustard seeds.
- Saute for a minute. Now add mango pieces and turmeric powder. Fry it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add vinegar, salt and sugar to it. Mix it well. Add roasted cumin powder if you want.
- I did not add this as I like it sweet and simple. Saute it for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add water and cover it with a lid. Let the chutney get cooked and thick enough.
- Let it get cool. It will taste better if it will be chilled. You can add raisins too while cooking.
Add vinegar always as it helps the mango to get cooked and Chutney perfect.
Serve it chilled as it will taste much better than eating it hot.
Recipe by Tummy Charger at http://www.tummycharger.com/sweet-raw-mango-chutney/