Whole Wheat Banana Cake
Author: Tummy Charger
Recipe type: Dessert
- 100 gm butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (1 cup=250gm)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 and a half tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chopped nuts and raisins
- Mix sugar and butter very well and then add eggs to it and mix till you get a smooth texture.
- Now smash the bananas properly and add flour, and the above egg-butter mixture.
- Add salt and mix the mixture very well to get an even texture. Add chopped nuts, raisins to it.
- Take a normal round cake pan or a loaf pan. Grease it with extra butter.
- Powder the pan surface with extra flour so that cake comes out easily. Now pour the mixture.
- Pre-heat your oven at 180-degree temperature. Bake your banana cake for 35-40 minutes.
- Check by putting a toothpick in the middle. If it gets sticky then bake another 5-10 minutes.
- Now switch off the oven, Let it stay in the oven for another 5 minutes,
- Take it out and let it get completely cool. Now cut it in equal pieces and serve.
If you want to make this cake eggless, skip eggs. Add half cup curd (optional), 1 tsp baking soda(must) to it.
Recipe by Tummy Charger at http://www.tummycharger.com/whole-wheat-banana-cake/