how to make basic vanilla cake at home
- 100 gm unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose sifted flour (250 gm)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (225 - 250 gm)
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chopped nuts and raisins (optional)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cherries (optional)
- some extra flour to powder the cake mould
- Mix sugar and butter very well. Add eggs one by one. Make a smooth and even mixture of that.
- Take another pot and mix flour, salt, baking powder together.
- Add this dry mixture to the egg mixture. Beat them very well with a manual or electric beater.
- Add 75% of your chopped nuts, raisins, cherries to it.
- Pre-heat your oven for 5 minutes at 180-degree c temperature.
- Take your cake mould and grease it will with butter. Now powder the mould with a little flour.
- It will help to get the cake out properly after baking. Now pour your batter.
- Spread that left 25% nuts, raisins and cherries on top of the batter. Bake it for 30-35 minutes.
- Take a toothpick and prick it in the middle to check the cake is well cooked or not.
- Keep it for 5 minutes more in the oven after switching off the power.
- Take it out and let it completely cool for another 10 minutes and then take your cake out.
- You can add your favorite frosting upon the cake or garnish it with icing sugar. Totally optional.
Recipe by Tummy Charger at http://www.tummycharger.com/how-to-make-basic-vanilla-cake-at-home/