- 2 cups all-purpose flour or maida
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp refined oil/ petrified butter/ ghee
- warm water to make the dough
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 green chilies
- 1 dry red chili
- ½ tsp roasted cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp cumin powder or paste
- ½ tsp asafoetida/ Hing
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt or according to taste
- refined white oil to cook
- Take a blender and add green peas, green chilies and make a smooth paste.
- Now heat a little oil in a pan. Add 1 dry red chili, cumin seeds, asafoetida in the oil.
- Now add the green peas paste, salt, sugar, cumin, and ginger paste. Fry it in lower flame.
- Add half cup water and cook it till the water gets dried. Keep it aside.
- Now take all the dough materials and make a smooth nice dough. let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls from it and roll them in round shape. it should be of 4-5 inch diameter.
- Now add 1-2 tsp filling in each rolled dough in the center.
- Keeping the filling inside take the sides together and close it. Make them balls again.
- Now again roll them keeping the same diameter measurement.
- Heat enough oil in a deep pan for deep frying. When the oil is properly hot, fry these.
- Fry them one by one. Serve it hot with shahi dum aloo.
Recipe by Tummy Charger at http://www.tummycharger.com/bengali-matar-kachori-or-motor-shutir-kochuri/