Homemade Cashew Butter Cookies Recipe
Author: Tummy Charger
Recipe type: Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg in room temperature
- 100-125 gm butter
- 1-2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Pinch salt
- ½ cup chopped Cashews
- Take a bowl and add butter to it at room temperature. Add sugar to it.
- With the help of a beater, beat the mixture and form a soft and even texture.
- Now add 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla essence to it.
- Again beat the mixture very well until you get a smooth and even form.
- Take another bowl and add flour, salt and baking powder to it and mix them together.
- Now add the flour mixture into butter-egg mixture and mix very well.
- Keep it in a refrigerator for 15 minutes if butter is melting as we don't need melty sticky structure.
- Now make small balls of it. Now take a baking tray and put parchment paper on it.
- Flatten the balls over the tray. Keep a little distance between them.
- As they will rise during baking. Make the shapes according to your choice of size of biscuits.
- Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180-degree temperature.
- Now bake the biscuits or cookies for 15-20 minutes depending upon the size of cookies.
- Or bake them till they become golden brown. If size is small, bake for 18 minutes maximum.
- During baking after halftime, flip over the cookies. Flatten the cookies well.
- Do not keep very thin texture as cookies will rise.
- After baking keep the cookies like that for 5 minutes.
- And then cool them totally keeping on a wire rack.
Cook your cookies in batches keeping the same procedure. Keep the oven tray at medium rack for perfect and even cooking.
Recipe by Tummy Charger at http://www.tummycharger.com/homemade-cashew-butter-cookies-recipe/