This is a very easy microwave instant khaman dhokla recipe with sweet tamarind chutney. Learn how to make delicious, perfectly soft and moist Indian Gujarati dhokla in a microwave oven.
I am a huge fan of this popular Gujrati fully veg dish. You can see it pretty often at my breakfast table. This is healthy and keeps my stomach full for longer. And, the taste is so good. Though it takes lots of work to make but microwave recipe is easy. And you can skip the chutney making if you have a good tamarind chutney at your freeze. The days when I am too busy or lazy to cook the chutney, I eat it with ketchup. 😀
I use this microwave idli maker to cook Dhoklas. It comes out perfect every time. And keeping water in your maker, when you cook Dhoklas, gives the right amount of steam to your Dhoklas and you get your Dhoklas as nice as the steamed ones.
My life is pretty hectic these days. I told you before that I was preparing for exams. Now results have started coming and I am busy with the next rounds. And being busy in all of these, I am getting too little time to cook and blog. Poor me! And because of study, I am not able to walk or exercise a bit. Eating, studying and sleeping only. So, sadly I am gaining weight too. I just wanna get over with all of these soon and concentrate in weight loss and blogging.
I hope that you guys had a great Christmas and happy new year. And had lots of delicious foods around these days. Here, I am enjoying lots of winter special vegetables. My mum cooks great and I just lick my fingers after eating each of her cooked dishes. So, life is fun though it’s full of hassle.
Guys read out the recipe and let me know if you will try it and like it via your comments. Your comments will encourage me to cook better. 🙂
- 1 cup besan or gram flour
- 1 cup sooji or Rava or semolina
- 1 cup plain homemade curd
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp baking soda or 1 Eno
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp green chili paste (optional if you like spicy)
- Extra oil to grease the Dhokla making dish
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp Rai or Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Jeera or Cumin seeds
- 10-12 Curry leaves or 1 spring of Curry leaves
- 4-5 green Chilies
- 1 cup tamarind
- ½ cup Jaggery or sweet Gur
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups of water
- 1 red dry chili
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ cup desiccated Coconut(optional)
- ½ cup chopped Coriander leaves(optional)
- Mix besan, sooji, salt, sugar, turmeric powder together. Now add curd and water to it.
- Mix very well. Add ginger paste to it and mix again. Add oil, Eno to it and make a smooth batter.
- Meanwhile, grease the moulds of the microwave Idli and Dhokla maker.
- Add water in the down portion of the maker as steam will be needed to make the Dhoklas.
- Now pour the batter into the moulds till ½ of the area of them.
- Microwave in high temperature for 5 minutes. Let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Take the soft, puffy and moist Dhoklas out.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Keep low to medium flame.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds to it and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green chilies to it after cutting them into 2 equal sized portions by the length.
- Add the curry leaves and saute the mixture for 3-4 minutes. Your Tadka is ready now.
- Soak the tamarind into 1 cup warm water for minimum 30 minutes.
- Now take the seeds, skins out and keep the clean flesh for Chutney. Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Add red dry chili, cumin and mustard seed to it. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add water and tamarind. Let them cook for 10 minutes.
- Add jaggery, sugar and salt to it. Stir the mixture and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- When you will get a thick and even Chutney texture, switch of the flame. Let it get cool.
- Now simply spread the Tadka over Dhoklas.
- You can sprinkle desiccated coconut and coriander leaves if you wish.
- Serve the Dhoklas with sweet Tamarind chutney.