This is a very easy and simple basic chocolate cake recipe which gives a delicious, moist and perfectly baked chocolate cake. I keep it simple to eat with my evening tea but if you wish then decorate it with caster sugar or chocolate ganache.
The purpose of giving the recipe to help those beginner bakers who are planning to start baking or have started baking initially. hen I started baking, I too used to search for such recipes. Plus, I love eating plain chocolate cake. I make and keep the cake pieces in a box and eat that for 4-5 days with my tea or when I feel hungry and I need some quick food. So, you can find homemade plain vanilla cake or chocolate cake at my home always.
These days were pretty busy for me. Durga puja was there and we, Bengalis were having our biggest celebration. Whole day Pandal hopping, eating delicious snacks and heavy lunch and dinner, yes that was my daily routine for all these days. I am sure that I have gained weight too. But there are the celebration times when you just set yourself free and do not care about your diet. So, I will now try for few weeks to keep a bit strict diet to shed my extra kilos.
But that does not mean that I will stop eating my cakes. 😀 Daily one piece is ok right. So, try the recipe guys if you want to bake your perfect, moist homemade chocolate cake. And do let me know via your comments if your cake will come out nice. 🙂
- 1 cup self-rising or all purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 80-100 gm plain unsalted butter
- 8-10 walnuts (chopped)
- a pinch salt
- Take a bowl and mix sugar and butter in home temperature until fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time and beat well after each egg addition.
- Take another bowl. Mix flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in it.
- Now mix both the mixture. add milk. Beat them together until you get a smooth, even texture.
- Take a baking pan, grease it well with butter.
- Dust the buttery surface with cocoa powder or flour.
- Now pour the batter in the pan. Add chopped walnuts upon it.
- Preheat your oven for 10 minutes at 180-degree temperature.
- Bake your cake for 25-30 minutes in the same temperature.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes. Then take the cake out.
- You can garnish it with chocolate ganache or caster sugar.