In such scorching hot summer days we always crave for something cool and fresh.And nothing beats homemade cool yogurt in that.
Cucumber raita is a very popular side dish recipe in India.One can have it alone or can have it with any spicy Indian dish,naan,roti or biriyani.
- 1 medium sized cucumber
- 1 medium sized bowl homemade curd or yogurt
- 1 tsp fried spices which is a mixed powder of roasted cumin seeds and roasted red chilly
- 1 tsp dried mango powder
- 1 bowl water
- salt to taste
- chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- Peel and grate the cucumber
- Take curd and mix with water.Beat them together till it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Add the grated cucumber and all the spices to the curd mixture.
- Serve cold after garnishing with coriander leaves.