These delicious spicy and crispy potato wedges are mouth watering and marinated with ginger garlic paste and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast and rock salt. This is a very famous and popular snack dish of all time. I often make this with my evening tea. And of course this is a real easy dish to cook.
And there is no shame to tell you that fried snacks are my weakness. I crave a lot for them at midnight even but somehow I control my appetite then and make them at evening time as you all know eating snacks at late night is a very bad thing for your health and can cause you real serious obesity problem. Specially people who eat store bought junk foods and fries, they must avoid it. Do you know that whenever I used to go to KFC or somewhere else like that, I used to order french fries and potato wedges. And as you know like me many of you often think too that what these potato wedges have to cost that much? Well of course not much ingredients and of course not costly ingredients too. It is just us and us being lazy, we often go to crave our appetite in restaurants. But let me tell you anything homemade is far more healthy and hygienic. So why you do not give it a try to my recipe of crispy potato wedges? And I promise you that you would not regret it and you will thank me later and of course you will stop eating potato wedges outside. 😀
You can have these fries with your favorite cheese dip or favorite spicy chili sauce. I like fries eating without them so I do not use them much.
Do not forget to sprinkle the fries with Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast. I have sprinkled nutritional yeast here. If you are wondering what that is, then let me tell you it is nothing but the deactivated yeast and definitely not the baker yeast. They look like roasted flakes. It tastes awesome when you sprinkle them on these fries or on your favorite popcorn. You can get it in online retail stores or at your nearby retail shops.
So guys try this recipe and let me know via your comments if you will like it. Your comments will always encourage me.
- 3 big potatoes, peeled and washed
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- salt according to taste
- ½ tsp rock salt to sprinkle
- 1 tsp Parmesan cheese or nutritious yeast to sprinkle
- water to boil
- Cut the potatoes in wedges shapes as seen on the picture.
- Boil 1 pan water and when water is boiling add the potatoes and boil for 2 minutes.
- Keep the potatoes outside and then in a bowl of cool water. Make sure not to over boil them.
- When the potato wedges are cool, marinate them with ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Keep them marinated for 30 mints. Now beat 1 egg and mix milk with it. Make a smooth batter.
- Dip the wedges for a minimum of 15 minutes. Now take a flat and dry bowl.
- Add flour, red chili powder, salt and black pepper powder and mix them well.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Take the potatoes out of egg dip and coat with flour mixture very well.
- Fry them nicely in low flame from all side and keep the fried ones on a paper tissue.
- Sprinkle the potato wedges with rock salt, Parmesan cheese or nutritious yeast.
- Eat them while hot with spicy chili dip or cheese dip.