This chicken zucchini pizza is a treat for zucchini and of course pizza lovers. Topped with mozzarella, chicken chunks, freshly chopped zucchini, roasted garlic and butter this pizza tastes heavenly with his cheesy, buttery deliciousness. I like the tangy taste much so I used a bit of ready-made tomato ketchup as the base sauce.
I do not like zucchini honestly especially if I am eating it as a normal veg with bread. But I love it in pasta, pizza or other continental dishes. I feel cheese makes a great combo with zucchini. And the roasted garlic with butter adds a different level to this pizza. And it makes my mom happy as I finally eat and do not waste zucchini.
I can assure you guys that this chicken zucchini pizza will be very satisfying as your lunch or dinner. The idea of uploading a zucchini pizza came to my mind after I had one almost similar thing at a friend’s home. Her mother made cheese chili toast which was loaded with zucchini. I am not a so comfortable vegetarian person so I thought to accompany zucchini with some freshly cooked chicken. This time for a change I did not use olive oil to cook my chicken. Instead, I used yummy butter. The chicken chunks were tasting delicious and they were looking so rich, covered with butter and black pepper. I took some extra butter and I roasted garlic cloves in that which I put on the pizza base evenly before putting it into the oven. Trust me the aroma of roasted butter garlic gave my pizza some extra bonus points. And this time my pizza crust was thin and a bit on the crispy side. I rolled it thin to have that crispy crunchy side of the base.
That is not the end. I took the audacity to add some extra butter chunks on it while cooking. And trust me the result was as great as I expected. When I took the 1st bite, there was like a taste bomb exploded at my mouth with so many flavors and different tastes. Do not forget to sprinkle your pizza with red chili flakes, oregano or some pizza seasoning. I can promise you that this pizza will be made at my place more often now onward. Whenever I will see zucchini and anger of my mom I will make it and transferred the not so likable zucchini to the most wanted vegetable.
You can also have a look at my other pizza recipes 🙂
Friends try this recipe. If you will love it as much as I do and if you will like the recipe, let me know via your comments. Your comments will always encourage me to cook better every day.
- 1 bowl all purpose refined flour or bread flour
- 2 tsp yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ bowl equally cut small chicken chunks
- ½ medium sized onion chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 chopped green chilies
- ½ tsp black pepper
- butter to cook
- 1 bowl fresh mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 green capsicum chopped
- 1 small zucchini, evenly chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves roasted and chopped
- 1 medium sized onion cut in thin round rings
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp tomato sauce/ketchup
- 1 pinch rock salt
- ½ tsp dried red chili flex
- Extra butter to apply upon everything
- soak the yeast in 1 cup warm water for minimum 10 minutes till it gets ready.
- now mix the flour, salt, yeast water and oil and make it into a dough.
- Keep the dough in a bowl and cover it with any clean wet cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Now take a fry pan and heat some butter.Add chopped onion and garlic into it.
- Fry them till golden.Now add chicken chunks, green chili, salt and black pepper.
- Cook the chicken chunks for 10 minutes.Keep aside.
- Roast some garlic cloves in butter and keep aside.
- Take the dough and cut it into 2 equal portions.Roll them and make the pizza base ready.
- Apply tomato ketchup upon the base.Cover the base with shredded mozzarella.
- Add cooked chicken, capsicum, zucchini,onion rings, roasted garlic cloves evenly on it.
- Cover it again with 1 more layer of shredded mozzarella.Add salt, oregano and red chili flex.
- Add few small chunks of butter on it.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 5 minutes.Now cook the pizza for 15-20 minutes.
- Wait till pizza crust looks golden.Serve your pizza while hot.