Matar Shutir or Koraishutir Kachori is an authentic delicious Bengali snack recipe stuffed with spicy mashed green peas and it is best served with Shahi dum aloo or aloor dum. I even like to have it just like that with my tea. In Kolkata, this is a really famous dish in winter when you find green peas in the market. But, these days you can get frozen green peas anytime from grocery shops.
This recipe is known by almost every Bengali and as it’s old and traditional so if you never heard of it, your mom or dad or grandparents must know about it. So, it is nostalgic for me. Being really busy in exams, I am literally away from cooking and blogging these days. But, I am trying my best to keep my blog updated on a regular basis by cooking when I get time and by writing until I am not free from the exams.
One can eat these kachoris with meat curry too, but its authentic and popular combination goes with spicy semi dried potato curry or dum aloo. And I too like it in a full veggie way. In case you want to check the recipe of that you can visit the following link.
- Shahi Bengali Style Dum Aloo Recipe
I am writing this post just after finishing my heavy and delicious breakfast along with this. I am pretty full right now and I am already planning about the next time when I am gonna cook this again. This is so different from the regular kachori or poori /luchi that one can’t stop but falling in love with this.
So guys try this recipe of my mom and do let me know if you will love it as much as I do.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or maida
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp refined oil/ petrified butter/ ghee
- warm water to make the dough
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 green chilies
- 1 dry red chili
- ½ tsp roasted cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp cumin powder or paste
- ½ tsp asafoetida/ Hing
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt or according to taste
- refined white oil to cook
- Take a blender and add green peas, green chilies and make a smooth paste.
- Now heat a little oil in a pan. Add 1 dry red chili, cumin seeds, asafoetida in the oil.
- Now add the green peas paste, salt, sugar, cumin, and ginger paste. Fry it in lower flame.
- Add half cup water and cook it till the water gets dried. Keep it aside.
- Now take all the dough materials and make a smooth nice dough. let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls from it and roll them in round shape. it should be of 4-5 inch diameter.
- Now add 1-2 tsp filling in each rolled dough in the center.
- Keeping the filling inside take the sides together and close it. Make them balls again.
- Now again roll them keeping the same diameter measurement.
- Heat enough oil in a deep pan for deep frying. When the oil is properly hot, fry these.
- Fry them one by one. Serve it hot with shahi dum aloo.