Banana Sesame Balls Or Kele Ka Laddu is a sweet Indian dessert recipe of balls made by mashed ripe bananas and coated with roasted sesame seeds. This recipe of kele ka laddu is pretty easy and can be made with very minimal easy ingredients. You just need to take care of the time and you have to have patience while cooking it and constant stirring is necessary as the mashed banana can get burnt very easily.
Always use perfectly ripe bananas for this recipe. As raw or bit raw bananas hamper the taste of it. You can use over-ripe bananas too if they are fresh and not rotten at all. I often make this recipe when I do not feel to eat bananas or they get over-ripe. The recipe idea I got from chef Sanjeev Kapoor. When I 1st saw this, I was thinking that how awkward it tastes. As, I never thought of making laddu with banana. But after making it, It changed my view completely. So I am sharing this recipe with you, so that you can use your leftover bananas in a better-utilized way.
Despite looking somewhat tiring, this recipe is worth to try. I cooked it today again and I cooked it to upload the recipe here. As, I am going outside of my city for a work and I will not be able to upload any new recipe for you till 8th October. Oh, I am gonna miss my blogging badly. But, what to do right? In life, one has to balance everything properly. Between, my box of banana sesame balls is going to my sister’s place as she loves sweet and dessert recipes. And she loves all kind of laddu recipes and after hearing from mom, she has already ordered me to give it to her.
And I am more than happy to do so. As I am gonna avoid sweets till December. The reason is I want to get slimmer by then to look appropriate at my cousin’s wedding. 😀 But I hope that you do not have such sad restriction like me.
So, try out the recipe and let me know via comments if you will like it. And once again sayonara. Bye bye friends. I will post my next recipe in 8th October.
- 7-8 medium-sized ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 tsp clarified butter or ghee + little extra for greasing
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 bowl lightly roasted sesame seeds
- Take a non-stick fry pan and heat it. Add mashed banana mixture to it and stir well.
- Now add 2 tsp ghee and mix very well. Keep stirring it and cook it in low flame till 3-4 minutes.
- Now add powdered sugar into it and cook till you get the proper consistency to make balls out of it.
- Keep stirring and always keep low flame while cooking.
- When the mixture will dry up almost then add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Switch off the burner and let it get cold little bit.
- Now grease your palms and make little balls out of it and coat them with sesame seeds.